On October 25, from 2:00-3:00pm ET, CFO Magazine will present a webcast entitled “JOBS Act: Benefits, Best Practices and Opportunities.” The JOBS Act changes many capital raising regulatory requirements with the goal of facilitating public and private offerings for small businesses. This webcast seeks to examine how the various provisions of the JOBS Act will affect CFOs’ abilities to raise capital for startups, as well as provide a general overview of the main components of the Act. Speakers include Vincent Ryan, Deputy Editor with CFO.com, Timothy J. Keating, Founder and President of Keating Investments LLC, and David Lynn, Partner at Morrison & Foerster.
The speakers will discuss:
- How to benefit from the slower phase-in of Sarbanes Oxley and Dodd-Frank rules for emerging growth companies;
- Best practices in confidentially submitting a draft S-1 to the SEC;
- How to use the “test-the-waters” provision to gauge institutional investor interest in a company’s shares prior to an IPO;
- Whether it is more likely that underwriters will publish research on emerging growth companies, or that they will stick to current practice on quiet periods;
- Whether existing public firms that listed in 2012 ought to elect emerging growth company status;
- The keys to staying private longer under the new, higher threshold for Securities Act registration; and
- New opportunities for small-business capital raising under revisions to Rule 506, Regulation A, and Section 3(b)(2).
For more information and to register, please visit CFO Magazine’s website.