On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 2 p.m. ET, the House Financial Services Committee’s Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Securities, and Investment will hold a hearing entitled “The JOBS Act at Five: Examining Its Impact and Ensuring the Competitiveness of the U.S. Capital Markets”.
The Subcommittee aims to examine the impact of the JOBS Act on the U.S. capital markets, on capital formation, job creation, and economic growth. Additionally, the Subcommittee plans to identify issues and propose solutions to issues that are currently impeding the competitiveness of the U.S. capital markets.
The hearing will include testimony from the following witnesses:
- Raymond Keating, Chief Economist, Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council;
- Brian Hahn, Chief Financial Officer, GlycoMimetics, Inc.;
- Andy Green, Managing Director of Economic Policy, Center for American Progress;
- Edward Knight, Executive Vice President and General Council, NASDAQ OMS; and
- Thomas Quaadman, Vice President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
The hearing will be streamed live on the House Financial Services Committee’s website.