September 7, 2017
PLI New York Center
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
With the Title III federal public crowdfunding provisions of the JOBS Act finally becoming fully effective in May 2016 and a new administration, what does the future hold for marketplace lending and crowdfunding? Will it be a boom or bust? Will Regulation A+ start to pick up speed and grow into the potential many predicted? Will Marketplace Lending finally have a principal regulator or will it continue to have its heels nipped by a patchwork of state and federal rulemakers and the courts?
Partner Anna Pinedo will speak on a panel entitled “Challenges in Running an Equity Crowdfunding Platform.” Topics will include:
- Crowdfunding under Title II – Solicitation vs. Non-Solicitation;
- “Reasonable Steps to Verify”;
- The preexisting relationship and CitizenVC: Myth vs. Facts;
- Working with broker-dealers and other intermediaries; and
- Liquidity and secondary markets including the FAST Act and Section 4(a)(7).
PLI will provide CLE credit.
For more information, or to register, please click here.